Although it’s never been easier to create and launch an app, it’s still incredibly hard to stand out from the competition. Usable apps are the norm today, but apps that make customers feel like they’re interacting with a human, not a computer, are a rare breed.
In this workshop you’ll see real world examples of brands that use personality and emotional design to make their products feel human. We’ll explore key business benefits of emotional design, and learn how to create a design persona, the foundation of brand personality. You’ll also learn how to shape the voice of your brand, considering how your product would speak in moments of triumph and crisis, resulting in a human experience.
- Designing for Emotion by Aarron Walter
- Redesigning With Personality by Aarron Walter
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
- Different: Escaping the Competitive Herd by Young Me Moon
- The Inmates Are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity by Alan Cooper
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- How The Mind Works by Steven Pinker
- Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School by Dr. John Medina